The following document is a translation of our “Datenschutzerklärung”.
It is for information purposes only.
Only the German version is legally binding.
The Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Düsseldorf e .V.
(Hereinafter "JIHK", "we" or "our association")
The protection of your personal data when using our online service is very important to us. We would like to inform you hereafter about when we collect which personal data and how we use it.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. Personal data are details of personal or material circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person (such as name, address, telephone number or E-Mail address). If these data are collected, this is always, as far as possible, been done on a voluntary basis. These data will not be passed to a third party without your explicit consent.
The following section describes what information is collected during your visit to our website and how it is used. Our data protection practice is based on the relevant law, in particular with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
Person responsible for the processing of your personal data within the meaning of Art.4 Ziff.7 DSGVO in connection with this website is:
The Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Duesseldorf
Represented by the
President Akinori Okumura and the
Secretary General Hiroyuki Mori
Berliner Allee 12
Tel.: +49 211 - 63 07 60
Fax: +49 211 - 36 01 82
Collection, processing and use of personal data
In principle, we will only collect, process and use your personal data in the course of dealing with inquiries, as far as this is necessary for processing.
When visiting the website:
When visiting our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is automatically collected and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (so-called "referrer URL"),
- used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The above data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for further administrative purposes.
Only if you have previously given your consent separately and have stated your personal data voluntarily, your personal data will be used for further, well-defined purposes in the agreement, such as sending our member magazine Kaihō via E-Mail or activation of access to our login area respectively to our offer for job pool and for candidate search.
The processing or use of your personal data occurs in the following cases:
1. Receiving of the members magazine Kaihō
With the registration to our Kaihō member magazine the company to which you belong, your first and last name, your E-Mail address and your telephone number will be recorded. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to register for Kaihō. This means that we will only send you the Kaihō if you confirm your registration after receiving your E-Mail address via an E-Mail sent by us and a link contained therein. This is to ensure that only you yourself can log in to our service as a user of the specified E-Mail address. The consent to the receipt of Kaihō by E-Mail is revocable at any time. Upon revocation your related data will be removed from the system in connection with the Kaihō deleted. In every E-Mail, with which the respective Kaihō is sent, you will find below a link that puts you in a position to withdraw your consent with effect from the next Kaihō. Alternatively, please contact us by using the contact form in the section "Contact".
2. Other services (order of the members directory, application for rental seminar room, job offers / applications for job candidates, registration for translators and interpreters list, modification of membership data ), inquiry (Contact)
We use the data provided by you exclusively for the fulfillment of contractual obligations and other services and information towards you. It may be necessary to disclose your personal information to companies we are providing services to or in order to process the contract.
Duration of storage; retention periods
We generally store your data as long as this is necessary to provide our services and / or we have a legitimate interest in the further storage. In all other cases we will delete your personal data with the exception of such data, which we are required to save to meet legal obligations (so we are obliged to keep documents such as contracts and invoices for a statutory period required under tax law).
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
- Insofar as we obtain your consent for the processing of your personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides as legal basis.
- The processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract of which you are a party shall be governed by Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO as legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are required to perform pre-contractual measures.
- To the extent that personal data processing is required to fulfill a legal obligation to which JIHK is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO provides as legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of the JIHK or of a third party and if your interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms do not outweigh the former interest, then Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO is the legal basis for processing.
Your rights as an affected party
Under applicable law, you have various rights concerning your personal information. If you would like to assert these rights, please submit your request by E-Mail or by post, clearly identifying and providing contact details using the information in the "Contact" section.
Right to confirmation and information
You have the right at any time to obtain free information from us about your personal data stored and processed together with a copy of this data. This includes the information about:
- the processing purposes;
- the categories of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been disclosed or are still being disclosed, in particular to recipients in third countries or to international organizations;
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data are stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration;
- the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of the personal data concerning you or to a restriction of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- if the personal information is not collected from you, all available information about the source of the data;
- If personal data are transmitted to a third country or to an international organization, you have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards under Article 46 of the GDPR in connection with the transfer.
Right to rectification
You have the right to demand immediate correction of incorrect personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of this, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary statement.
Right to cancellation ("right to be forgotten")
You have the right to request that personal data relating to you be deleted immediately if one of the following applies:
- The personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You revoke your consent to the processing in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 GDPR lit. a or Article 9 paragraph 2 lit. a GDPR and there is no need for any other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to the processing in accordance with Article 21 (1) of the GDPR and there are no high-level legitimate grounds for processing, or you object to the processing in accordance with Article 21 (2) GDPR;
- The personal data were processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation of EU or national law to which JIHK is subject.
Right to restriction of processing
- You have the right to require us to restrict processing if any of the following conditions apply:
- The accuracy of your personal data is contested by you for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you have objected to the deletion of your personal data and instead demand the restriction of the use of your personal data;
- We no longer need personal information for the purposes of processing, but you need the information to assert, exercise or defend your rights, or
- You have objected to the processing under Article 21 (1) of the GDPR, as long as it is not certain that the legitimate reasons of our association outweigh yours.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal information that you have provided us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer this data to another person without hindrance from us, provided that 1. the processing upon consent in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR or Article 9 paragraph 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b DSGVO is based and 2. the processing is carried out using automated procedures. In exercising your right to data portability in accordance with paragraph 1, you have the right to obtain that the personal data are transmitted directly by us to another party, as far as technically feasible.
Right to revoke a data protection consent
You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, employment or the place of the alleged breach, that you consider that the processing of your personal data is unlawful.
The website uses partially so-called cookies. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and stored by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and allow cookies only in individual cases, the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally exclude and enable the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
Cookies that are required to carry out the electronic communication process or to provide certain functions that you wish to use (eg shopping cart function) are saved on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the storage of cookies for the technically error-free and optimized provision of its services.
Google has submitted to the Privacy Shield Agreement between the European Union and the United States and got themselves certified. As a result, Google agrees to comply with the standards and regulations of European Data Protection Law. For further information, please refer to this link.
Your personal information is encrypted with us for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as the requests you send to us as the site operator. This applies to your orders, registrations and also for the login area. You can recognize an encrypted connection by changing the address line of the browser from "http: //" to "https: //" and the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption is enabled, the data you submit to us can not be read by third parties.
A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible. To safeguard your data, we maintain technical and organizational security measures that we always adapt to state-of-the-art technology. Our employees and our service providers are bound by confidentiality and to comply with the applicable data protection laws. We also do not warrant that our offer will be available at specific times; Disturbances, interruptions or failures can not be excluded. The servers we use are regularly backed up carefully.
Disclosure of personal Data to third parties, no data transfer to third countries
Basically, we use your personal data only within our association. If and to the extent that we engage third parties in the course of the fulfillment of contracts, they receive this personal data only to the extent that the transfer for the corresponding service is required. In case that we outsource certain parts of the data processing ("Order Processing"), we obligate consignees contractually to use personal data only after requirements of the applicable data protection laws and always to ensure the protection of the rights of the person concerned. A data transfer to persons outside the EU does fundamentally not take place and is only possible in exceptional cases as to the members directory of JIHK. In this case however, prior to the disclosure and transmission, we make sure that the recipient of the members directory will either have an adequate level of data protection (e.g. due to a decision by the EU Commission on the relevant country or an agreement on the so-called EU Standard Contractual Clauses "SCC" with the recipient in the third country) or your agreement to this data transfer has been given.
Technical and organizational measures
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
SSL or TLS encryption
This site uses, for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as a site operator, an SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by changing the address line of the browser from "http: //" to "https: //" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is enabled, the data you submit to us can not be read by third parties.
We point out that the data transmission in the Internet (e.g. in the communication by E-Mail) can exhibit security gaps. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
Duration of storage of personal data
As a matter of principle, we store your data as long as this is necessary for the provision of our online offer and the associated services or we have a legitimate interest in the further storage. In all other cases, we will delete your personal information with the exception of information we may need to retain in order to comply with legal obligations (for example, we may be required to maintain records due to tax and commercial retention requirements, such as contracts and invoices for a certain period of time).
Contradiction to advertising E-Mails
The use of contact data published in the context of the imprint obligation by third parties for sending unsolicited advertising and information materials is hereby expressly excluded. The operators of the pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the case of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam E-Mails.
As of 2018/05/25